Foreign Worker Insurance
In Malaysia, foreign workers are employed in the sectors of manufacturing, construction, plantation, agricultural, services and domestic help such as restaurant, cleaning services, cargo handling, launderette, golf course caddy, barber, wholesale and retail, textile, metal scraps and recycle activities, welfare homes and hotels.
Foreign Workers Insurance Guarantee (FWIG)
Foreign Workers Insurance Guarantee (FWIG) is a guarantee required by the Malaysian Immigration Department from employers as a security deposit for the employment of foreign workers in Malaysia. FWIG guarantees to cover repatriation expenses in the event where your foreign worker is required by the authorities to be sent back to his country origin during his stay in Malaysia. Duration of cover set by the Immigration Department is eighteen (18) months. A new FWIG is required upon renewing the foreign workers permit. The total premium payable varies depending on the nationality of the foreign worker.
Foreign Workers Compensation Scheme (FWCS)
The Foreign Workers Compensation Scheme (FWCS) protects the welfare and interests of foreign workers in Malaysia. The scheme pays the compensation benefits to a foreign worker with valid employment document for injuries sustained or death due to an accident arising out of or during his course of employment. Under Section 26 of the Workmen’s Compensation (Amendment) Act 1996, it is mandatory for Employers to insure all their foreign workers under the FWCS.
- (a) Accidental death: RM25,000 (working hours) or RM23,000 (off working hours)
- (b) Permanent disablement: Up to RM23,000 (working hours) or RM23,000 (off working hours)
- (c) Temporary loss of income due to temporary disablement
- (d) Hospitalisation & medical expenses: Up to RM750
- (e) Repatriation due to death or permanent disablement: RM4,800
Foreign Workers Plus (FW Plus)
The Foreign Workers Plus is specially designed to give additional cover on top of the compulsory Foreign Worker Compensation Scheme (FWCS). Besides existing FWCS policyholders of Allianz, employers who have purchased FWCS from other insurers are also eligible to purchase this policy.
- (a) Accidental death or permanent disablement: RM10,000
- (b) Medical and surgical expenses: RM2,000
- (c) 24-hour worldwide coverage
- (d) Extended to cover Strike, Riot and Civil Commotion, Hijacking, Food and Gas Poisoning, Drowning, Unprovoked Murder and Assault, Insects, Snakes and Animal Bites, Disappearance, Natural Disaster, Exposure to Natural Elements and Motorcycling
Foreign Workers Hospitalization and Surgical (FWHS or SKHPPA)
The Foreign Workers Hospitalisation and Surgical (FWCS or SKHPPA) is specially designed in view of increasing hospital and surgical costs and to reduce the financial burdens of employers of foreign workers in Malaysia in the event of hospital admission of their foreign workers due to an accident or illness. FWCS/SKHPPA allows foreign workers a cashless admission into government hospitals under a Third (3rd) Class Room and Board basis but exception is given to cases which require emergency treatment at private hospitals.
- (a) Daily hospital room & board: Up to 30 days; Up to RM160 per day
- (b) Intensive Care Unit (ICU): Up to 15 days
- (c) Hospital supplies and services, operating theatre, surgical fees, anaesthetist fees, ambulance fees / medical report fees
- (d) In-hospital physician visits: Up to 30 days
- (e) In-hospital specialist consultation visits: Up to 30 days
- (f) Maximum overall annual limit: RM20,000